The lively, spicy flavors of Mexican food make it increasingly popular as a menu item for restaurants, fast food, and as packaged food. It’s also one of the most difficult foods to style. In this intensive 1-day seminar we’ll explore the tips, tricks and techniques for creating beautiful Mexican food fit for the camera. This class is designed for culinary professionals but is valuable for anyone wanting to improve the look of their food for the media.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this information-packed day:
- Burritos – how to build a beautiful burrito, cutting it open to show all its colorful ingredients, and how to garnish effectively.
- Fajitas – how to cut, cook and put together a sizzling fajita plate, and making it look hot when it’s not.
- Tacos – how to form tortillas, arrange ingredients, apply salsas and guacamole, and the best use of garnishes.
- Enchiladas – making a beautiful dinner plate of enchiladas, rice and beans using false bottoming and filling, separation, movement, and containment.
- Nachos – how to build a nacho platter, add ingredients, and apply cheese for the perfect look.
- Cheese 5 ways – thick hot queso for dipping, smooth nacho cheese for pouring, crumbly queso fresco for garnishes, oozing Mexican blend cheese for fillings, and bubbly jack cheese for toppings.
Date To Be Determined
Surfas Restaurant Supply, Culver City, California
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please contact Mandy with any questions.
Registration and payment options below.
Registration Form *For check or money orders onlyYour space in a class is not guaranteed until payment is received