The Food Stylist’s Handbook Seminar Series: Cakes & Pies
Cakes and pies can be intimidating items to style. But they needn’t be! In this intensive 1-day seminar we’ll explore the tips, tricks and techniques for creating perfect pies and cakes fit for the camera. This class is designed for culinary professionals but is valuable for anyone wanting to improve the look of their food for the media.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this information-packed day:
- Traditional fruit pie – We’ll show how to build and style for a whole pie and for a slice, as well as making an extra strong crust and stabilizing the filling. We’ll also show how to fix cracks, holes and tears.
- Pumpkin pie – We’ll share the secret to a perfect-looking filling, in addition to fixing mistakes, garnishing, and making a gorgeous dollop of whipped cream.
- German chocolate layer cake – We’ll demonstrate stabilizing and frosting a layer cake for the camera, slicing, cleaning off excess frosting, and how to fill air holes using cake-spackle.
- Cheesecake – One of the most popular desserts on restaurant menus, we’ll show you the best way to handle, slice and garnish cheesecake. We’ll share our tricks for repairing the crust and adding interest to the surface.
- Mini ganache cake – We’ll decorate beautiful little individual cakes with melted chocolate and a variety of garnishes to get looks from casual to upscale.
Date To Be Determined
Surfas Restaurant Supply, Culver City, California
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please contact Mandy with any questions.
Registration and payment options below.
Registration Form *For check or money orders onlyYour space in a class is not guaranteed until payment is received