October 5 & 6, 2013
Class hours are 9am-4pm with a lunch break. Doors open at 8:30am with pastries and coffee.
Join us for an intensive weekend workshop devoted to teaching writers, bloggers and culinary professionals how to improve their food photographs. Each student will have their own project to shop for, style and shoot on Sunday.
AGENDA Day 1 – Saturday
Concentrating on using professional styling techniques to rock your publication. The day will include:
• cooking for the camera
• cooking in your own kitchen vs. a studio or temporary kitchen
• plate food to show it at its best
• garnish effectively
• edible and inedible styling methods
• temperature, safety and sanitation
• holding and refreshing food
• food styling tips, tricks and techniques for pancakes & bacon, burgers, soup, cake
• project brainstorm—discussion and selection
AGENDA Day 2 – Sunday
Focusing on digital photography and how to improve your photos. The day will include:
• we will start with the basics; F-stops, shutter speed, ISO and how they all work together
• camera settings & white balance fully explained
• camera angle and selective focus
• using props
• natural light vs. studio light
• the use of fill cards, reflectors and diffusers
• students prepare and shoot projects
Intensive 2-day workshop $695
Please contact Mandy Unruh with any questions.
Click here for information on Christina Peters.
Payment Options Listed Below.
Registration Form *For check or money orders onlyYour space in a class is not guaranteed until payment is received